Book Reading Challenge
This year, one of my resolution is to read more. This has culmunatied into the following "plan" or "challenge". That is to say, I am going to read a book a month for the rest of the year. This started with picking up of Jordan B. Peterson's book 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos. Which I was able to finish under the wire to complete a book for January. I would like to stick to "non technical" pieces for this, but as I am working on some certifications I figure that sprinkling some in here or there will help me to get through them. I am also documenting it here so that I can keep myself honest.
Here be the list:
- January: 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos - Jordan B. Peterson
- Feburary: Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook, Fifth Ed. - Various [1135 pages or 40 a day]
- March: Unsouled: Cradle Volume One - Will Wight [202 pages or 7 a day]
- April: The Sailor Who Fell From Grace with the Sea - Yukio Mishima [100 pages or 4 a day]
- May: Vacationland - John Hodgman [150 pages or 11 a day]
- June: Antifragile - Nassim Nicholas Taleb [653 pages or 22 a day]
- July: Bakemonogatari Part 1 - Nisiosin [300 pages or 10 a day]
- August: Boogiepop & Others - Kouhei Kadono (Or whatever the first book is in the series) [174 pages or 6 a day]
- September: The Eye of the Dragon - Stephen King [380 pages or 13 a day]
- October: I, Robot - Isaac Asimov [247 pages or 9 a day]
- November: The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury [243 pages or 9 a day]
- December: The Subtle art of not giving a F*ck - Mark Manson [115 pages or 4 a day]
These can be subject to change as some of these books are parts of series and as I build the habbit of reading more. I may add some of the Michael W. Lucas IT Mastery series in here to suppliment some of the month's or others as I hope to "cruze" through the list. As you can see with the break down I added with the pages per day, These should easily be do able and I will probably end up reading more and one a month.
Will probably do a monthly check in, to see how this list is changing then a recap at the end of the year.